Hello,In this post let’s see how to control and access our website from Remote location using FTP access.
Step 1:We need to create an FTP account in our server inorder to control the website from remote location.
*Login to your Control panel.
*Click on FTP Access in control panel.
*Click on Add an FTP account.
*Enter a account name for FTP.It acts as the username for FTP.
*Select the directory.It should be the directory of your website.
*Set a password.
*Provide Read and Write Permission based on your requirement.
*Now install Filezilla in your system.Here is the link https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=win64
If you want to use a different FTP client, you need the following information to connect to your account:
- Your web site’s domain name.
- For FTP or FTPS with Windows hosting, you use a combination of your domain name and the server name. For example, if your domain name is example.hosted.com, and your account is on server a2ws2.a2hosting.com, then the FTP hostname is example.mi3-wss2.a2hosting.com.
- The FTP account username:
- For SFTP, you must use your cPanel username. Make sure you do not include your domain name. For example, type username, do not type firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For FTP connection with cPanel, you can use either your cPanel username, or the username for an FTP user you have created in cPanel (for example, email@example.com).
- For FTP or FTPS with Windows hosting, the username is a combination of an FTP user account in Plesk and the server name. For example, if you create a user in Plesk named kelly, and your account is on server a2ws3.a2hosting.com, then the FTP username is mi3-wss3\kelly.
- The password for the account you are using.
- For SFTP connections, use port 7822.
*Once you are connected with your FTP,you will be able to access the files from your website.You can even download the file or edit/modify from your system.
Hope you understand the tutorial.Thanks for reading.