This is the continuation of my previous post.So if you are trying to configure a website from the scratch,Please follow my last post here.
If you buy a domain from the same host,there wont be much trouble.But if your domain is with different provider,you need to go for these options:
- PARK THE DOMAIN WITH YOUR PROVIDER AND USE IT IN YOUR HOST
- TRANSFER THE DOMAIN TO YOUR HOST
USING THE DOMAIN FROM DIFFERENT PROVIDER:
Consider your domain is with another provider.In my case Domain is with Godaddy and my hosting provider is A2Hosting.So inorder to access the control of your domain follow these steps:
- Goto Godaddy(My Domain Provider) and login to your account.
- Enter My Products.
- Now click on DNS tab in any of your domain name.
- Now you will find a space to enter the Nameservers.
- Click on change.You need to enter the Nameservers of your host.
- Enter A2Hosting(my host).Click on My Services.
- Click on Manage.
- Copy the Nameservers from here(without ip) and Enter it in your Godaddy Nameservers as shown below.
- Now you are ready to access the domain in your host.Open Control panel and add it as your subdomain to have the access.
TRANSFERRING YOUR DOMAIN:
Note:I personally suggest you to park the domain with your domain provider since it does not add any extra cost and transferring a domain includes lot of procedure and costs the same as buying a new domain.
Follow this link to transfer your domain:Transferring your domain.
Hope you found it useful.Thanks for reading.